Healthy Foot Care Tips
A Healthy foot is a happy foot – 10 Top Tips for a Healthy Foot
This information is of a general nature and should not be taken as a diagnosis. All questions and concerns should be directed to your Doctor, Podiatrist or other health advisor.
Referenced from: http://www.dbshoes.co.uk/healthyfeet.html
- Wash your feet every day in warm soapy water (don’t soak them, as this might destroy the natural oils) and dry thoroughly, especially between the toes.
- If your skin is dry, apply moisturizing cream all over the foot, except for between the toes.
- Remove hard skin gently with a pumice stone, but not if it is over a boney area or joint. If this is the case, or if the hard skin is painful, consult a registered chiropodist/podiatrist.
- Trim your toe nails regularly, using proper nail clippers. Cut straight across, not too short, and not down at the corners as this can lead to in-growing nails.
- Keep feet warm, and exercise to improve circulation.
- Always wear the right shoe for the job..
- Seek prompt treatment for burns, cuts and breaks in the skin, and for any usual changes in colour or temperature. This is particularly important if you have diabetes.
- If your feet hurt, something is wrong! You can help to keep a healthy foot by visiting a registered chiropodist/podiatrist for advice on how to keep your foot healthy.
- Shoes should be properly measured, comfortable, and easy to put on at the time of purchase. Don’t expect them to ‘break in’.
- A Foot has up to 250,000 sweat glands. Your shoes can absorb up to 60% for the moisture released each day. Wear alternate shoes each day to allow them to dry out properly.
Footcare Physicians of Scottsdale
Address : 9070 E. Desert Cove STE 104B,
Scottsdale,Arizona - 85260
Tel : 480-661-7572
You can schedule an appointment online with the button below, or by calling our Scottsdale, AZ podiatry office. For general questions about Footcare Physicians of Scottsdale, PLLC, Dr. Steven Burns, or Arizona Foot Doctors, please contact the office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laser Therapy Treatment - The K-Laser is a safe, non-painful, and effective treatment that helps relieve foot and ankle pain.
Custom Foot Orthotics - Custom foot orthotics help support the correct shape of your foot using a new 3D digital scanning technology.
Laser Fungus Removal - PinPointe FootLaser is safe, effective and most patients improve after their first treatment.
© Copyright 2017 Arizona Foot Doctors. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: Arizona Foot Doctors