One out of three seniors will experience a fall at least once each year.
Some of the many risk factors in older adults that can cause balance and fall problems are:
- Seniors age 65 or older
- Those with a history of falling
- Prior history of Stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis,
- Diabetes or other pre-existing conditions
- Unsteadiness as a result of vestibular disorders from inner ear imbalance causing dizziness/vertigo
Do you or a loved one have Medicare? Make the most of your benefits today!
The Moore Balance Brace (MBB) is a prescription custom-made ankle foot orthotic (AFO) worn as a pair that is designed to fit easily into a doctor recommended shoe. The MBB is NOT intended to be worn without a shoe. The MBB is a long term solution to be used in combination with a fall prevention strength training program which may include physical and occupational therapy, making the necessary environmental changes in the home and a review of the patient’s current medications.
Who Can Benefit from the Moore Balance Brace?
- Patients who have difficulty walking
- Patients who have fallen in the past or who are at risk for falling
- Patients with ankle weakness or instability
- Patients with arthritis in their feet or ankles
- Patients who have had a stroke, have weakness or dizziness
- Patients who have poor feeling or numbness in their feet
- Any patient already using a cane, walker or any other assistive device
Footcare Physicians of Scottsdale
Address : 9070 E. Desert Cove STE 104B,
Scottsdale,Arizona - 85260
Tel : 480-661-7572
You can schedule an appointment online with the button below, or by calling our Scottsdale, AZ podiatry office. For general questions about Footcare Physicians of Scottsdale, PLLC, Dr. Steven Burns, or Arizona Foot Doctors, please contact the office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright 2017 Arizona Foot Doctors. All Rights Reserved.